SEPTEMBER 27 - WAFFENRADFORUMS MEETING in Budapest
edited September 2020 in Rad Events
We are all very happy that the group is forming well and that our events became regular.
The next meeting is focusing on bicycle culture related CAFÉS IN BUDAPEST.
Start 18:30-19:00 (to still catch some light in Autumn)
After: Klub Vittula
- Meeting on Rákóczi tér. We will be sitting overlooking the entrance of the local Market Hall
(on the metro side) outside the restaurant called Rákóczi Étterem.
WE WILL BE WAITING HERE FOR EVERYBODY (to be late 15-20 minutes is ok)
- Riding through the VIII. district - checking out a few interesting spots on the way
- Quik look at Gólya, a century old bar / social space (before it is demolished)
- Hopping across Üllői út from the VIII. to the IX. district in direction Mester utca
- Here we have our first official checkpoint:
MESTERBIKE + COFFEE PROJECT
1095 Budapest, Mester utca 11.
- Next stop is VINIKLI, a new bar on Múzeum körút downtown Budapest: (this venue is
in connection with Szent András craft beer brewery, which by itself sounds promising):
1053 Budapest, Múzeum krt. 27.
This discussion has been closed.
As to Gólya - the oldest pub in the VIII. district, operational since 1867 and subject of debate besides being a bastion of independent youth culture in Budapest -:
an exhibition of the venue's history is about to open today.
So we could check out the local history exposé on the way from VIII. to IX.
More details: https://www.facebook.com/events/694941887533949/
Golya looks like a great pub - what a shame to demolish such an institution!
We will check it out!
Last concert listed inside the bar - on the wall of upcoming events - is on 30th!
Looking forward meeting you guys!
WHAT REALLY HAPPENED....
Pictures of the tour by Zoltán Tuba:
Pictures by Leroy Drevdal - Norwegian photographer:
For more of his art visit: https://www.instagram.com/___leroy______/